Thumbnail image

About the house

Fitzroy House is an original 1791 building. It imitates the designs of Robert Adam, the famous Georgian period architect, who, along with his brother, designed Fitzroy Square. The house is one of the last remaining structures on the block that retains its original exterior.

It now houses a museum on four floors, illustrating the life and work of L. Ron Hubbard. One floor is dedicated to an exhibition of his early life from Boy Scout to explorer, from top fiction writer of the 1930s and 40s to his later achievements as a humanitarian.

Visitors are invited to step into this 1950s time capsule where they can view original manuscripts, rare 1st edition books and artefacts relating to the life of one of the most prominent authors of the 20th century.

Scenic photographs of Sussex and London, taken by Mr. Hubbard, adorn the walls of the first-floor lounge.

As Mr Hubbard holds the Guinness Book of World Records title for Most Published Author (1,084 publications), the second floor is appropriately dedicated to his literary works.

If you wish to hire rooms for exclusive banquets, conferences and other functions, please call or e-mail for further information.

tel: +44 (0)207 255 2422